Friday, October 15, 2010

100 Random Things You Never Knew About Me (and Probably Never Cared To!)


I've realized over the past several days that I'm an epic failure when it comes to blogging.  Why?  Because I'm not that interesting!  Fellow bloggers share their tales of their amazing talents, their cutesy children stories, or give us singles the countdown to what is expected to be the most wonderful day of the rest of their lives.  Me...last night I ate a cup of ramen and lamented over how big my butt is becoming.  Does anyone find that enthralling?  I'm a single, 28-year old woman; I should be living it up Sex in the City style!  Instead, I'm living the life of a bitter nun, cat lady style.  Alright, I'm not that bitter, but my life certainly could use some spice. 

While at this very moment I have nothing fascinating or astute to speak of, I will try to at least entertain you with 100 random facts about the author. 

100.  I'm extremely random.  I'm told this on an almost daily basis.  My mind goes about 90 miles a minute and my mouth is never very far behind.  Just because it seems like I arrived at point D while skipping over points A, B, and C, I assure you that is not the case.  It would just take me far too long to explain the thought process that got me there.  Just chock it up to "A Beautiful Mind"...you know, minus the math genius and multiple personality parts! 

99.  There's a good possibility that yours truly has kept Frito Lay alive with her Doritos purchases over the years.  If there were a Doritos Anonymous group, I would be the mascot.  True story.

98.  My love of McDonald's rivals my love of Doritos.  It's a close call, but I think the quarter pounder's got it!  I'm Lovin' It!

97.  My life expectancy is 37.  See #'s 98 and 99. 

96.  I am petrified of ghosts.  I've never seen one, but I swear they exist.  And they ain't roaming Casper friendly-style either! 

95.  The lack of appropriate punctuation, spelling, and grammar may very well be my biggest pet peeve.  ("Ain't" is not included.)

94.  I have a diastema and before having it filled in could spit water out of my mouth like a human fountain.  Very admirable "talent", I know!  Letterman and I could compete on his "Stupid Human Tricks" segment. 

93.  I couldn't care less about Hollywood gossip.  I just realized another pet peeve of mine...when people say "I could care less", when in reality they mean "they couldn't care less." 

92.  I constantly find myself using "..." in sentences.  I tend to stay consistent with three dots.

91.  If I could meet one person living or dead it would be difficult for me to decide.  It's a tie between Jesus and my paternal grandfather.  Who knows, though, perhaps I've already met both? 

90.  I made my entrance into this world at 10 pounds, 12.5 ounces and 22.5 inches long.  I overcooked a bit.

89.  The song "The Christmas Shoes" makes me cry. 

88.  I seem to attract a lot of strange people, not just odd people, but straight up whackadoodles.

87.  Whackadoodles remind me of snickerdoodles, and while I really don't care for snickerdoodles, I could eat chocolate chip cookies until I got sick.  Case example of #100 right here.

86.  You know what else I don't care for?  Candy corn.  Combine candy corn with peanuts, however, and you've just created some extreme deliciousness. 

85.  Apparently I have a food obsession.  I just realized I sure talk about it a lot (never mind eat it a lot).  Perhaps if I talk about exercise a lot that will start happening...kind of like hypnosis.  (Did you notice the "..."?)

84.  Reba McEntire is my all time favorite singer.  I can't wait until she's super old so that when she does her casino tours, only a handful of people are there to see her and I can then get all of her undivided attention!  She's a doll!

83.  I am an insomniac.  I rarely make it through a day off without a nap. 

82.  It's my dream to retire and live on the ocean.  Bora Bora would be like Paradise.

81.  I've had the honor of meeting Charles Lindberg, without an "h".  Look him up.

80.  I often find myself wondering what my dad is doing at this very moment.

79.  "Sweet Child of Mine" is my karaoke song.  GNR called, though; they want their song back.  

78.  I hate watermelon.  And kiwi.  They both taste like watered down nothingness.  There I go again...talking about food...food that I don't even like!  Obsessed much?!

77.  I miss being a child.  It would be really fun to fly a kite right now.  No, I'm not high...just random.

76.  I've never done a drug in my life.  Even Sudafed makes me jumpy! 

75.  Speaking of flying, I'm still kind of disappointed I never got my wings the first time I flew.  I didn't even know about it at the time.  No, I'm still not high!

74.  I despise infidelity.  There seems to be a lot of that going around lately.  Another reason why I couldn't care less about Hollywood gossip.

73.  Photographs are my most prized possession. 

72.  I can probably cook a five course meal, yet have a habit of burning popcorn just about every time.

71.  I have a recurring dream where my teeth fall out in masses.  Apparently this is a fairly common dream, although, it seems quite odd if you ask me.  It also thoroughly disturbs me in my dream.

70.  I've been in both the front and back seats of a squad car and learned that I'd much rather be the driver.  (And no, I've never been arrested!)
 
69.  I believe that grandparents are some of the best people on earth and I miss mine!
 
68.  I love the challenge of fishing, but I'm petrified of fish.  It's a weird phobia to have.

67.  I firmly believe that there will never be an era that I will live through that will be as great as the 80's!  Thank you, hairbands!

66.  I believe in the power of "can't / wouldn't", or perhaps peer pressure, when it comes to adrenaline rushing activities.  While I have no desire to skydive or bungee jump, if somebody told me that I can't or wouldn't do it because I'm too big of a wuss, I'd be the next person to sign the waiver of life!

65.  I would not, however, jump off a bridge just because all of my friends are doing it.  A wuss is one thing, but stupid is stupid.  Wait...don't bungee jumpers jump off bridges?!

64.  Dust mites and bacteria feel all too comfortable inhabiting my body.  What I would give to be a healthy person for one full year. 

63.  I've never been a fan of cartoons, not even as a child, but still get excited for the "Peanuts" specials. 

62.  I also get excited about Christmas.  I love Christmas; to me, it is the most wonderful time of the year! 

61.  I am not a fan of the commercialism that pollutes people's brains when it comes to the holidays.  I fear that Americans are losing sight of some of the truly important things in life. 

60.  My father is my hero; my mother is my #1 fan.

59.  My four-year old nephew is the current love of my life.  That little boy cracks me up and I love him as if he were my own flesh and blood. 

58.  For my friends, I would walk 500 miles and carry them on my back; for my enemies I'd probably do the same.   

57.  I find it highly disgusting that my co-workers clip their fingernails at their desks.  Where exactly do those dead particles land, anyway?!

56.  I've been cursed with a big heart and the inability to tell people 'no'. 

55.  I've never understood people who seem to be grumpy all the time.  My life ain't all roses and sunshine either, but 97% of the time I'm still bubbly and friendly. 

54. I was a precocious child and constantly asked 'why?' because my mind was very curious.  Some things you never grow out of.  Hopefully now, though, I'm a little less annoying with my inquiries.

53.  'To thine own self be true' is a line I'm trying to learn to live by.

52.  I'm a horrible swimmer and always end up sick if I put my head under water, yet I'm convinced I should have been born a fish, as the ocean is my favorite place in the world.  

51.  I take that back.  The ocean is my second favorite place in the world, surpassed on the list only by home.

50.  I talk a lot. 

49.  Having knee surgery was one of the worst decisions I've made in life. 

48. I have a special place in my heart for the elderly and children.  Both groups of people fascinate me with their stories. 

47.  My most embarrassing moment was probably tapping a parked car on my driver's test.  Whadda ya' know?  Just one test later the State of Minnesota found me to be a fit driver and issued me a license.  To them, I will always be grateful.  :) 

46.  My driving has since come a long way.  I actually now consider myself a pretty damn good driver.  Other drivers make me crazy, particularly those lately who think it's OK to pass people on the shoulder of the road or use the shoulder as a driving / exit lane.  Saw the ambulance and fire department cleaning up one of these people's disasters this morning.  *Shaking head*

45.  My most proud moment has been graduating college summa cum laude. 

44.  I'm not sure if I'm more proud of graduating with honors or graduating at all.  I enrolled and withdrew from four colleges before actually staying in college.

43.  My mind wanders a lot. 

42.  I have closet basketball skills.  Don't believe me?  Challenge me! 

41.  I am a horrible dater. 

40.  Maple syrup nauseates me, but sugar-free maple syrup agrees with me just fine.

39.  My dancing skills may be more embarrassing than hitting the parked car. 

38.  I wonder what the net worth of the guy is who came up with the idea of the pet rock. 

37.  Gary Dahl, inventor of the pet rock, was a millionaire within one and a half years.  I often wonder why I cannot come up with an idea for an invention.  Come on, a pet rock??  Dahl unsuccessfully attempted to follow suit with a "sand farm". 

36.  I very well could be addicted to the Internet.  It is a useful tool for fulfilling my randomness and curiosity, though.  See details of #37.  Thank you, Wikipedia. 

35.  I often worry about not being good enough to make it into Heaven. 

34.  I always wonder why Heaven is technically not supposed to be capitalized?  We capitalize the names of places, as well as Him and He when referring to the Lord, so why not Heaven?  I'm boycotting it and capitalizing anyway. 

33.  I admire deviants.  I give props to people who stand up for what they believe in, don't conform to the norms of society, and are entirely OK with other people having negative opinions of them.  And yes, #34 was an example of my wandering mind.  And my randomness.  But, again, there is logic.  #34 made me realize I don't do as others do when it comes to the non-capitalization of the word 'Heaven'.  Big deviant, I know, but this behavior does defy the norm.  See how I got to #33 now?  Makes sense, now, doesn't it? 

32.  The only kind of soda I drink is rootbeer.  The only kind of liquid I drink probably 360 days out of the year is water. 

31.  I have never won a trophy.  I'm not entirely sure, but this may bum me out.  I haven't thought about it long enough. 

30.  I find monkeys to be extremely fascinating and could watch them all day long without being bored. 

29.  I overall reject the theory of evolution.  Less than 2% of me believes that humans could have evolved from monkeys, but even in that case, I believe that Christ was the Creator of the monkeys from whom we evolved. 

28.  My father taught me how to be a phenomenal Checkers player.  The only person I recall ever losing to is him.  

27.  The things I generally tend to worry about are ones that are completely out of my control.  I've been blessed with the gift of being pretty laid back in most areas of life. 

26.  There's something fascinating to me about the death process.  I realize this sounds extremely morbid and wrong, but after watching my father die, I would be interested in knowing more people in their final moments of life.  The recounting my dad did of his life and what seems to be a spiritual journey were rather beguiling to me. 

25.  I don't like writing in black ink. 

24.  At one point in my life I think that I was obsessive compulsive.  I couldn't fall asleep if a shirt was hanging slightly out of place in the closet, nor could I be comfortable if there was one tiny thing lying around in the room I was in.  Now I have no qualms about being a complete slob, so I'm confident in saying I broke that habit!

23.  I retract my statement about my biggest pet peeve.  When someone says they will call, but doesn't, trumps poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 

22.  I am very much a procrastinator.  While I hate this about myself, I seem to work better under pressure. 

21.  I miss the lost art of hand-writing a letter. 

20.  I believe in tough love.  If I ever have children they will probably hate me until they're 35, but hopefully then they will appreciate me. 

19.  I know all of the lyrics to a plethora of songs, but if the music is not played, I cannot remember the words. 

18.  I pretty well hate the winter.  I think if a place is so cold that spending 24 consecutive hours outdoors could cause death, one is not meant to live in said place. 

17.  I generally cannot get through a movie in one sitting.  I either fall asleep or get bored and shut it off. 

16.  I wish Billy Joel would make a 21st century follow-up to "We Didn't Start the Fire".  I wonder what would be in it. 

15.  I like the idea of reading, but in actuality, I don't generally find myself enjoying it.  I feel like I need to rush through a book and just be done with it. 

14.  I have been thinking about my first grade teacher a lot lately.  Her name was Nora Riesselman (later Flavin).  I don't think I will ever forget her. 

13.  I should probably be afraid / more cautious of more things than I actually am. 

12.  I believe that the United States does a lot of things backwards, in comparison to European countries. 

11.  I am not the least bit superstitious. 

10.  I can never answer the question of 'What is your favorite color?'  Color of what?  Clothes?  Cake icing?  Car?  It all depends. 

9.  Since I was a little girl I've dreamt of that fairytale romance...or practical romance...and wish it would hurry up and get here already. 

8.  I've always liked glittery and sparkly and shiny things.  Hold your comments...

7.  I would really like to know if there is life on other planets.  What if there is more fun happening in another galaxy and we could be a part of it?  Count me in for the party! 

6.  I'm not really good at anything and this disappoints me. 

5.  Danny Thomas is a hero of mine.  I wish St. Jude's was in Minnesota. 

4.  "Piano Man" is my all time favorite song.  I'm a fan of most Billy Joel songs.

3.  I'm not a fan of ironing.  In fact, I think I may actually despise it. 

2.  I wish I had a cool accent.  Instead, I just speak "Minn-e-soh-tah!

1.  I had the coolest cat in the world growing up.  His name was Mittens, he had a fabulous personality, and was incredibly friendly, truly a companion.  Sadly, my mom and I had to lay him to rest just a few hours ago.  He lived for 24 years and will never be forgotten.  Here is a photo of my beautiful feline friend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment