Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Get an "F"

I get an "F" in blogging.  It's been nearly a month since I've last written on here.  I'd like to say that my lack of intimate time with the computer is because I've been having an awesome, intimate love affair with my treadmill or the boy next door, but neither is the case. 

My social life has been keeping me busy, but nothing to write home about, or in this case, blog about.  I've been on a few dates in the past few weeks, but no return calls.  I have to admit, it's getting pretty discouraging.  The first guy was truly not a match.  He was a match for a mirror with his own image staring back at him.  Guy number two, well, he was mediocre, but I don't think the chemistry was there for either of us.  Running into an old boyfriend for the first time since we broke up on our date probably didn't help matters any.  I realized on that date that I may still not be over the old boyfriend and it's been a year.  It's driving me nuts.  He was with another woman and that didn't bother me.  Perhaps it's not him that I'm not over, rather, the fact that I feel like I will never again meet someone whom I feel the same way about.  Guy number three...he may have actually had potential, but he was a cop.  Aforementioned boyfriend was a cop, along with a slew of other dating disasters, so I tried to break my habit of bad dating choices.  In this case, I think I may have misjudged and screwed that one up.  He didn't like my negative attitude towards cops, since he worked hard to get where he is in his career.  I guess I cannot blame him.  So, back to square one again.  

On a positive note, I have had some good quality time with my sister.  If you don't know my sister's and my history, it can be summed up with three words: oil and water.  I spent my birthday with her and had a good time and the other night she and my other sister and my mom had a "girl's night" at my place.  It was the first time we've ever done that.  I'm actually really looking forward to Thanksgiving...quality family time with games (I'm a game nerd!), good food, four days off, and the chance to break out the Christmas decor!! 

Christmas season has arrived!  It snowed this past Saturday; we got about two and a half inches of the fluffy white stuff.  It was so pretty coming down, but now it's just a white mess outside.  I'm super excited for Christmas this year.  I almost put my tree up last week, but I refrained.  I figure if I get everything done so early, there will be nothing to look forward to.  On the other hand, I have been impressed with my "on top of things" demeanor lately.  I have nearly all of my Christmas gifts purchased, my Christmas cards are written out, my place has been pretty spotless, and I've been able to locate all of my things!  It's amazing.  I'm a fairly organized person when it comes to work and assignments, but my personal life...not so much.  I'm a slob.  I procrastinate.  And, I'm tired of it.  I'm hoping this pre-New Year's resolution lasts a while. 

I've also been keeping myself busy with "Army Wives".  I'd seen the show a few times before, but I'm officially addicted.  I've refused to give into getting a satellite dish until I've exhausted all of my television options, partly because I don't want TV to consume my life.  However, this past week, any free time I have had has been spent watching "Army Wives".  I'm only on season two, though, so I've still got two good seasons of quality TV-watching to do. 

Tonight I'm embarking on a new endeavor...spin class.  At nearly 200 pounds, I need to get my ass moving...literally!  My friend, Rachel, went to a class a few weeks ago and raved about it.  I, on the other hand, have the endurance of a three-legged turtle, so I'm not sure it's going to come so easily to me.  This shall be interesting.  Hopefully I don't get kicked out for making a mockery of the class!  Hope there's a seat in the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment