Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bored Out of My Gourd!

I'm going insane.  The weather here in Minnesota is suicidal!  Today I was supposed to have a date with my nephew at the water park; however, that's been nixed.  Apparently sunny and warm to the weathermen means 68 degrees and rainy.  Now, I'm forced to try to figure out something to do that doesn't cost money or involve television, seeing as to how I get 10 channels, all of which have nothing on them but infomercials all weekend long. 

The reason behind not spending money...I put in my notice of resignation at my job last week.  I want to take time to interview for jobs I really want, versus just taking the first one that comes my way.  I figured I can't keep taking off work to go on interviews, being that there's virtually nobody working in our office anymore at work, so I gave my notice.  I'm not sure that it's the most intelligent decision I've ever made, but I've always said I don't want to become a victim of mediocrity and right now, there is nothing that I really like about my job.  I'm ready to move on to Human Resources.  I've got money in the bank and will have vacation payout coming, so financially I'll be fine for a while, but it's still stressful.  I met with an employment agency the other day and one of the people I met with told me he could give me work on the spot, but he foresees me having a job within a month.  That was encouraging, plus, if that's not the case, I can go back to him for work, and the company also offers benefits.  It's nice to have a fallback plan, but I really hope to get the job I'm interviewing for next Friday.  It would be a dream come true!  Cross your fingers for me! 

Until I find a job, I have a feeling that life is going to be pretty boring.  I'm afraid to spend money, but without doing so, a person is pretty limited in their leisure activities.  There's only so much Wii one wants to play and so much a person can look up on the Internet.  There are always "chores" to be done, but that's not much fun.  I haven't had much energy or enthusiasm to do a lot lately.  I think the weather has played a huge part in that.  I have gone to the library, but even it is failing me!  There are literally almost 300 people ahead of me on the request list for one of the books I want to check out.  I think I'll just pony up 13 bucks and buy myself a copy. 

Since nothing much has been happening lately, I have nothing much to write about.  Feel free to send me your ideas for entertainment...I'm not opposed to trying anything once.  Except sewing; that's always a disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment